1) Wednesday night, we will be doing an in-depth study of the Book of Romans. Different individuals will lead out in the various sessions going chapter by chapter. Please come and join the community of prayer.
2) Pathfinders Club meeting will take place tomorrow, Sunday, June 4 at 10 am to organize logistics for the Brantford Camp in July. Orienteering and Geocaching training is postponed until the fall.
3) Basketball Camp for kids ages 10-15 will restart Sunday, June 11 from 1 to 4 pm. The weekly training is FREE for church and community youth. Please bring your clean GYM shoes!
4) Next Sabbath (starting Friday night!) Dr. Polyanna and Pastor Baldwin Barnes will present the Family Life weekend on Relationships. June 9-11 will be a weekend of transformation for our families! Please mark your calendars, plan to be at this event and invite your friends and family, especially Sabbath afternoon.
5) June 17 at 11 am we will celebrate the baptism of Darrin and Elizabeth John, who expressed the desire to become members of our church family.
6) The Church Council (Board meeting) will take place Monday, June 12 at 7 pm. Please communicate your plans to elder Randy Saunders or pastor Alex Golovenko to be included in the agenda. 7) WAES Board meeting will take place on Tuesday, June 13 at 7 pm.
8) June 17 @ 6:00 pm Bible Study vespers will address a subject of Biblical Perspective on Jewelry. Why have Seventh-day Adventists been negative toward the use of jewelry. Are these Biblical standards, cultural preferences, and how much personal responsibility and liberty should one have on this matter? This study will be followed by one on Dress code on July 15. Every month we look at unique Adventist doctrines and lifestyle issues, examining what we believe in the light of the Bible so we could be more effective in ministering to people’s needs and witnessing our faith.
9) All are welcome to celebrate the Elementary School Graduation on Wednesday, June 21 at 7 pm.
10) Join Living Faith Church for their annual Church picnic tomorrow Sunday June 4 at Lanspeary Park (Ottawa & Parent). Lots of activities, rollerblading, soccer, games, food and fun. Festivities get underway at noon.
11) WAES intends to hire a JK-1 teacher for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Music and French is a plus. If you are interested in teaching; have a vibrant relationship with God and are unashamed to live and share this with students; and love children, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org