1) Wednesday night, we will be doing a study of the Book of 1 Corinthians. Different individuals will lead out in the various sessions going chapter by chapter. Pastor Alex will lead out this next study. Please come and join the community of prayer.
2) Basketball Camp for kids ages 10-15 continues Sunday, from 1 to 4 pm. The weekly training is FREE for church and community youth. Please bring your clean GYM shoes!
3) Youth of ages 14+ are invited to Friday Vespers starting at 8 pm at the Conference room. Next Vespers will take place October 27. Youth-led discussion on understanding what we believe invites youth of all ages to voice questions and seek answers. Bring your friends, your questions, ideas and let’s grow together in Christ.
4) If you are new to our congregation, or if you have not previously submitted your information, please do so as we are collecting the data for the New Church Directory.. There are number of families listed that have not provided updated information and their phone numbers and addresses are outdated. Our Church Clerk, sister Diane McLachlin is the leading person on this project. The app for your smart phone will be made available. If you would like to add any information please submit to Diane (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stepan (email@example.com) as we are planning to issue an update in this month.
5) The Windsor Church School (WAES) had reviewed its Budget and had set the goal to raise $44,000 to provide Tuition Assistance and to make our School financially viable. You are invited to join the Sponsors group by pledging a monthly support. To-date 10 sponsors have confirmed their commitments. Pledges are distributed throughout this month of October. Please consider making a commitment to build up Adventist Education in Windsor. If you had prayerfully considered the Pledge, please put yours into the offering plate.
6) We invite you all to an ALL NIGHT Prayer Vigil, NEXT Sabbath, October 28 from 7 pm to 7 am. Praying all night, as Jesus did (Luke 6:12). There are many urgent needs that can be resolved only through Prayer. Our church needs the revival of true godliness and prayer is the first step.
7) Bible Study Vespers “Feast Keeping. Is it right or wrong?” Presented by pastor Alex Golovenko on October 28 at 5 pm.
8) Newlywed reception – Stepan & Kaitlynne Golovenko were married in St. Catharines on October 8. Golovenko family is expressing great appreciation to all Windsor families that came out and showered them with love and support. Number of friends were not able to travel, and a local reception here in Windsor will be organized on November 12 at 2 pm at the Advent Hall (GYM). Come to hear their story, see pictures, get to know the new couple. Guests are invited to bring a dish for potluck style celebration.
9) If you are still interested in joining the choir for the Christmas season and other opportunities to share music in the area, please come to practice this upcoming Friday - October 27 at 6:30pm. We will not be accepting new singers after this date - for the rest of this year. We look forward to seeing you there.
10) As the Holiday Season approaches Windsor Adventist Elementary School is beginning its first fundraiser of the year! We will be selling poinsettias until November 10th. All proceeds will be going to the school. The prices will be $12 for a 6” pot, $18 for an 8” pot, and $24 for a 10” pot. If interested please contact Claudine Kayumba. Your support is greatly appreciated.
11) First Reading Transferring in to the Windsor Seventh-day Adventist Church: - David Toney from the Mount Calvary SDA Church in Huntsville, Alabama.