1) Wednesday night, we will be doing an in-depth study of the Book of 1 Corinthians. Different individuals will lead out in the various sessions going chapter by chapter. Dr. Tan will lead out this next study. Please come and join the community of prayer.
2) Basketball Camp for kids ages 10-15 continue tomorrow, Sunday, from 1 to 4 pm. The weekly training is FREE for church and community youth. Please bring your clean GYM shoes!
3) New Church Directory booklets are available from Diane McLachlin. We are collecting more corrections and information to produce a more comprehensive version before September. If you would like to add any information please submit to Diane (email@example.com) or Stepan (firstname.lastname@example.org) as we are planning to issue an update in September 2017. If you would like your family photo to be in the upcoming revision of the church directory, please meet on the gym stage right after the service today. Pictures will be taken for the rest of August, every Sabbath, after church.
4) The Windsor EVANGEL Bible Church, which used to rent and meet in our Sanctuary on Sundays under the leadership of Pastors David & Bill Tarcia, are celebrating the opening of their new facility located at 3149 Forest Glade Drive, Windsor on September 17 at 10:30 am..
5) Next Sabbath, August 26, the Sudanese community will come together to remember Peter Gatluak who passed away a year ago, and together with Martha Gatluak to celebrate blessing of the newborn son. Please bring a dish to contribute to a potluck right after the church service.
6) On Sabbath, August 26 we invite you to stay after potluck and do the “prayer-walking” at designated streets in different neighborhoods of our city. The time frame is from 2 to 3 pm.
7) Worship Committee is invited to meet Saturday, August 26 at 5:00 pm to plan for worship during October-December quarter.
8) Bible Study Vespers, August 26 at 7:00 pm Pastor Golovenko will present “What does the Bible really say about ordaining women for ministry?” Come with your questions to dialogue on the subject.
9) Sunday, August 27, Windsor church team will meet London, Sarnia and other church from our district for a soccer tournament at Edwards Soccer Pitch in Petrolia, (for GPS: 4035 EDWARD ST, Petrolia, ON). The joint team, consisting of youth from Spanish, Living Faith & Windsor Adventist churches will be leaving from the church parking lot by 8:30 am.
10) Sunday, September 3, we are hosting Community Fun Day in our parking lot, with music, corn-boil, games for children. Programming begins at 12 pm and will continue till 4 pm. Teams organizing the event will begin preparatory setup at 10 am. This is the opportunity to meet the community, to make new friends, to share our mission and purpose as a church. A table with church information materials will be set up as an opportunity to witness.
11) Due to the change in funding and changes with the WAES School staffing for the next year a new Janitorial Contract is open starting in September. We are looking for experienced and efficient cleaners. Please communicate your interest to Phyllis Ac.
12) Are you able to provide a service or services to members of this church community (such as an electrician, carpenter, RMT, plumber, dentist, lawyer, etc.)? These would not be volunteer or gratis services, by the way. Please send your email to – tdmclachlin @gmail.com - with the service(s) that you are able to provide and your contact information - by August 26 please.
13) The Choir is meeting every other week for the summer months and, starting in September, plans to sing at least once a month until the Cantata in December - by God's grace. If you would like to join the choir, now would be a great time